Jitsi Integration in Nextcloud Talk

I like the idea of Jitsi integration because I found it very easy to set up when I was trying it out. They provide a docker-compose file, and I already run Nextcloud, Collabora, MariaDB, Redis, and CoTURN in Docker. Would be easy to set the whole thing up together.

1 Like

I think is not possible.
Obviousely there is no signaling server supported other than the nextcloud one.

signaling server has been open-sourced in the meantime

@pojntfx so have you discontinued all work on the bot? I see it is archive-only on github. Just curious on best modern way to set this up. Thanks!

Here it was suggested to just use the external sites app to integrate a jitsi room into nextcloud Discussion: Jitsi Integration Ā· Issue #3173 Ā· nextcloud/spreed Ā· GitHub

This works great. I found a suitable svg for the logo here https://www.svgrepo.com/svg/40483/video-chat
And I made my own white version out of it but I canā€™t upload svg neiter here nor in Github so I cant share it =(

(could not find b/w version of jitsi logo)

Maybe compress the svg file into a zip file? You could share the zip file then at least on githubā€¦

good idea, this link will take you to my comment with the zipped logos for external files videochat app logos:

due to server limitations I canā€™t support video conferencing the way I want. Talk is not delivering up to what we need.

Is it possible to integrate jitsi.me into my NC instance so I use their servers to do the heavy lifting of making multi-party video calls?

Hola que tal amigo, una pregunta, como le hiciste para hacer que se pudiera grabar la videoconferencia, tendrĆ”s alguna documentaciĆ³n?

Solo ingles por favor.

Hello, how are you, friend? One question, how did you do to make the videoconference record? Do you have any documentation?

Recording would be setup within Jitsi. It is in their documentation. It is totally independent from nc.

hi guys, i have some questions
I use Nextcloud and Talk and I would like to record the videoconference, apparently using Jitsi it is possible to do it but how can I integrate it into Talk?
Does it integrate with Nextcloud directly?
Or is Jitsi definitely only usable on Jibri?

Jitsi and Talk are completly different systems. In jitsi you can record directly via the server. In talk this isnā€™t possible. Maybe have a look here: How to record video and audio with talk - #2 by Danish_Sheraz

1 Like

I have read the main threads published here and on the net, but I still wonder: can Jitsi be integrated in NextCloud?
For me ā€œintegratingā€ does not mean having a link with a nice icon to the external Jitsi page, but being able to manage users, organize videoconferences and maybe save videos.
And above all, have a guide with instructions to do the integration.
Is there all this? Because I havenā€™t found it yet.

It is just as described above in the thread: they are two different tools. Your understanding of the status is exactly what it is. :slight_smile:

For managing users, you could look into seting up LDAP on both Jitsi and Nextcloud.
Or, setting up Oauth2 from Nextcloud in order for your users to access Jitsi from their nc user account.

I havenā€™t tried testing how either actually works, but they are possibilities to explore. For further details, check with the Jitsi community.

Hi there!
We are using latest stable NC 20.0.8, and i has not idea how to setup NC talk bot jitsi correctly.
It doesnt work with error
{ā€œlevelā€:30,ā€œtimeā€:1617791940545,ā€œpidā€:26,ā€œhostnameā€:ā€œb4f88a3961eaā€,ā€œmsgā€:ā€œstarting WebRTC node subsystem (timeout: undefined seconds)ā€}
{ā€œlevelā€:30,ā€œtimeā€:1617791940706,ā€œpidā€:26,ā€œhostnameā€:ā€œb4f88a3961eaā€,ā€œmsgā€:ā€œconnecting to nctalkproxyd with address 172.18.0.1:1969ā€}
(node:26) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: TypeError: chat.getActordisplayname is not a function
at /app/main.js:232:38
at ClientReadableStreamImpl. (/app/src/nextcloudTalkBot.js:22:45)
at ClientReadableStreamImpl.emit (events.js:315:20)
at addChunk (_stream_readable.js:302:12)
at readableAddChunk (_stream_readable.js:278:9)
at ClientReadableStreamImpl.Readable.push (_stream_readable.js:217:10)
at Object.onReceiveMessage (/app/node_modules/@grpc/grpc-js/build/src/client.js:317:28)
at Object.onReceiveMessage (/app/node_modules/@grpc/grpc-js/build/src/client-interceptors.js:287:182)
at /app/node_modules/@grpc/grpc-js/build/src/call-stream.js:164:74
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:79:11)
(Use node --trace-warnings ... to show where the warning was created)
(node:26) UnhandledPromiseRejectionWarning: Unhandled promise rejection. This error originated either by throwing inside of an async function without a catch block, or by rejecting a promise which was not handled with .catch(). To terminate the node process on unhandled promise rejection, use the CLI flag --unhandled-rejections=strict (see Command-line options | Node.js v15.14.0 Documentation). (rejection id: 2)
(node:26) [DEP0018] DeprecationWarning: Unhandled promise rejections are deprecated. In the future, promise rejections that are not handled will terminate the Node.js process with a non-zero exit code.

you might forgive me but right now I donā€™t have the time to read through all comments.
Though I just discovered that thereā€™s a new version of a jitsi-app (beware: youā€™d need your own jitsi-server, though) connecting jitsi and NCā€¦
https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/jitsi

which would eventually solve the threadā€¦ :wink:

That is great news. It could be expanded with the old bot framework to simplify inviting users from Talk into Jitsi conferences.

canā€™t test it myself since I donā€™t run any jitsi-server :frowning: but you might wanna get in touch with dev directly? checkout his git-page

1 Like