So I am having a nightmare with installing NCP.
Initially I got it running and was able to access it on my devices externally from my network. However I had a free subdomain at afraid. This is when things started to go wrong, I thought to myself, well I can setup a subdomain on one of my domains and use that as it will be cleaner.
I tried it didn’t work, and then I started to have issues so just decided to do a fresh install of raspbian and start again, the second install had lots of fatal errors, so did another install which eventually started to go work. However I have had some issues again.
I want my nextcloudpi instance to be accessible by my subdomain, but I can’t find out where to set this up.
Just a few notes if it’s helpful at all.
- Domain is hosted by Godaddy (don’t hold that against me)
- I have an SSL certificate for this domain.
- I also have a premium no-ip account I can use for one domain if that would help?
- I am comfortable setting up portforwarding if need be on my router.
- I am new to this, pi/linux/debian.
- The main domain the subdomain is on is not used for anything. It has no dns information other than some email authorization stuff.
- I would appreciate any help and can provide any information if need be.
All I want to do is have my subdomain for my address for nextcloudpi?