Issues to restore my last backup ncp

hi there!

i have installed last version of NCP and i was trying now to restore my last backup executed in other version.

here the command executed in order to restore backup:

root@nextcloudpi:~# ncp-restore /media/myCloudDrive/nextcloud-bkp_20181001_1538362802.tar
extracting backup file /media/myCloudDrive/nextcloud-bkp_20181001_1538362802.tarā€¦
restore filesā€¦
restore databaseā€¦
no datadir found in backup
Your data directory is invalid
Ensure there is a file called ā€œ.ocdataā€ in the root of the data directory.

Cannot create ā€œdataā€ directory
This can usually be fixed by giving the webserver write access to the root directory. See Installation wizard ā€” Nextcloud 14 Administration Manual 14 documentation

An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Exception: Environment not properly prepared. in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/Console/Application.php:166
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/nextcloud/console.php(95): OC\Console\Application->loadCommands(Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Input\ArgvInput), Object(Symfony\Component\Console\Output\ConsoleOutput))
#1 /var/www/nextcloud/occ(11): require_once(ā€˜/var/www/nextclā€¦ā€™)
#2 {main}Cleanupā€¦

root@nextcloudpi:/media/myCloudDrive# uname -a
Linux nextcloudpi 4.4.167-rockchip64 #3 SMP Mon Jan 14 13:52:58 UTC 2019 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Nextcloud 15.0.2 is my current versio

any idea to restore my dataā€¦?

Hi,

It didnā€™t work because the instance you are trying to overwrite is looking for the datadir in a path where there is nothing.

You can try installing a fresh instance and moving the datadir to the same location, so that the restore process finds it there. Also you can move your files in another way to the expected location and then run the restore.