Is this the correct ownCloud 8.2.3 > Nextcloud 10 migration path?

Hey there,

I have an old install of ownCloud with data that I’d like to get into Nextcloud 10. I just wanted to confirm that the correct migration path would be the following manual upgrades:

ownCloud 8.2.3 > Nextcloud 9.0.53 > Nextcloud 10

The data I want is in the contacts, calendar and bookmark apps. I’m presuming the versions mentioned in the upgrade path above would carry compatability across, right?

Thanks!
BB

PS, for the record, no, I haven’t been just using ownCloud 8.2.3 while being an NC contributor all this time! :astonished: This is data from my old server that I never bothered to migrate. NC 10 runs on my main site! :wink:

1 Like

Well now we’re going to need proof :wink:

On the basis NC is a direct drop in for OC 9 I don’t see any issue upgrading from OC 8.2.3 to NC 9.0.53, although if I were to do it right now I’d probably update to OC 9, swap to NC9 and update to 10. So clarification would indeed be useful.

I think you should first update to 8.2.7, and then tot NC 9.0.53 and 10.

2 Likes

Yes! (I confim wiht 20 characters.)

where can I download 9.0.53 ? the download page just offers 10.0.0
I want to upgrade from oc 8.2.1

found it
https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/

1 Like

I can confirm that 8.2.7 (from debian packages) -> 9.0.53 (from zipfile, and changing to php7 along the way) -> 10.0 works and preserves data in calendar, contacts, news and tasks. Well, and your files, of course.

Still: You want to have a backup before upgrading. Database and files, of course!

calendar and contacts will auto-upgrade, news and tasks have to be installed manually (but will remember their previous data).

I don’t even see a calendar option in any Nextcloud version. I migrated from OC 8.2 to NC 9x to NC 10x to NC 11x to NC 12x and I don’t see calendar or contacts anywhere.

Am I missing something?

UPDATE: Figured it out. In NC 12, I was able to go to apps -> disabled apps and update calendar, contacts and tasks, and then enable them.

1 Like