Is this a verbose error of a failed upload?

This error directly coincides with a video upload that failed from my Android device, though it’s not an error I’ve seen on 10.* and so want to ensure this is expected -

Fatal	webdav	Sabre\DAV\Exception\BadRequest: HTTP/1.1 400 expected filesize 1024000 got 978944
/var/www/html/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/File.php - line 104: OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\File->createFileChunked(Resource id #14)
/var/www/html/apps/dav/lib/Connector/Sabre/Directory.php - line 137: OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\File->put(Resource id #14)
/var/www/html/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 1072: OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\Directory->createFile('VID_20161219_21...', Resource id #14)
/var/www/html/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php - line 525: Sabre\DAV\Server->createFile('Multimedia/Inst...', Resource id #14, NULL)
[internal function] Sabre\DAV\CorePlugin->httpPut(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))
/var/www/html/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/EventEmitterTrait.php - line 105: call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
/var/www/html/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 479: Sabre\Event\EventEmitter->emit('method PUT', Array)
/var/www/html/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 254: Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod(Object(Sabre\HTTP\Request), Object(Sabre\HTTP\Response))
/var/www/html/apps/dav/appinfo/v1/webdav.php - line 60: Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()
/var/www/html/remote.php - line 165: require_once('/var/www/html/a...')
{main}

If this is infact what now happens when files fail to upload for any reason, then thank you!

:joy: On the other hand if it just says “upload failed” it would absolutely not help to debug something :wink: . But ya, maybe one could collect huge error messages for common problems (i.e. mobile connection lost) and hide them behind more beautiful short messages, maybe with some button to expend the whole ugly thing with every file and function affected :stuck_out_tongue: .

That’s what happens… kinda :smiley:

1 Like

I can confirm this error message with my new 11.0 installation. Yesterday a friend of mine uploaded some files with shared link and after about 250 files he got error like “connection to server lost” in the nextcloud window. He was still able to create new folders, but uploading new files didn’t work anymore.Now I checked logfiles and saw same error messages like JasonBayton has. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce the error.

I see it frequently whenever I upload a bulk of files. The underlying files on disk appear to be the same size as those I upload so I’m mostly ignoring it.

Same here. File got uploaded but also Sabre\DAV\Exception\BadRequest Error in the logs.