Is there a way to do this?

I did not see a category that suits my question better than support, if there is a better category that I am not aware of please inform me.

I want to know if this is possible.

On my server, 12.0.2, just installed on 2017 Aug 19, works great.

I have put the data directory on a big hdd that I recently installed. But I would like it to be able to control another part of the existing disk where I keep a lot of media files so that they can be downloaded with NextCloud to my clients.

I am thinking if I create a symlink in the data directory in one of my accounts it might work, I do not want it to be able to write in those directory but have read only access.

Is this possible?

Thanx

Bodger

Nextcloud version (eg, 10.0.2): 12.0.2
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 16.04): CentOS 7
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2.4.?
PHP version (eg, 5.6): 7.?

Remember, this information may be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart: Feel free to use a pastebin service, otherwise log files can be indented with 4 spaces on each line to present them in a friendlier way on the forum.

No, symlinks within the data folder are not supported. You could use external storage which can be a local folder as well (must be accessible for the webserver user):
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/12/admin_manual/configuration_files/external_storage_configuration_gui.html

Thank you very much, I now have access to my pre-existing media library from Nextcloud.

Bodger