Is N11 really a stable version? No Update offered in 10.0.2

Hi,
I am curious to install n11.0, but on my 10.0.2 this is not offered. And: All I see online, looks like user-Problems after upgrade…? Do I first have to upgrade to 10.0.3? (first try showed an error)

the error is: The following extra files have been found:

.well-known

Move this folder away for the upgrade. No problem to move it back afterwards.
It is not part of a clean Nextcloud install but belongs to your hosting. NC will check for missing files and folders and also additional ones like this. They could get in the way or even changed by the upgrade.
However there should be handled a bit more relaxed. Especially for this one which exist in most hostings.

Then I get this message (german, means something like its in maintenance-mode).

I am not really a crack, so how do I get back to my login? why does this not work if it says it is “stable”???

Diese Nextcloud-Instanz befindet sich gerade im Wartungsmodus, was eine Weile dauern kann.

Diese Seite aktualisiert sich automatisch, wenn die Nextcloud-Instanz wieder verfügbar ist.

Kontaktiere deinen Systemadministrator, wenn diese Meldung dauerhaft oder unerwartet erscheint.

Vielen Dank für deine Geduld.

NC11 is normally considered to be stable. However, new releases are hold back for some time to make sure there are no major problems before forcing everybody into upgrades. Not sure if NC 11 was already officially pushed out via updater (for early adopters there was a trick that you change the update channel to beta, upgrade to 11 and then switch it back to stable).

@LukasReschke

funny, how do i do that, when I cannot even login?

ok, i fixed that by writing into config.php with gedit (using Ubuntu).

Now I get, when I update the following message:

Parsing response failed. 500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@cloud.XXXXX.eu to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What does that mean? How do I solve this?

Hello all,

I still see no version 11 in the updater in the stable series. 11 is out for a while now and advertised all over the place. Who is determining if and when v11 is released as in the stable series on Updater?

I think this “holding back for a while” policy is very confusing to users. I’d rather see that we do a prologed RC series and when we are confident that it is stable, released directly on Updater as wel. Stable is stable, after all:-)

Regards,

Bert

Thanks, so its not my special problem :wink:

Even though I have problems updating to 10.0.3… which is weird, because I installed 10.0 into a new server, so there cannot be old owncloud problems.