Is chat currently active on the NC Talk Mobile app?

It seems that all I can do is call other uses and I cant start an actual chat instance. Is this currently expected or am I missing something. This is on the Android App.

We don’t support chat yet. We might in the future however.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for the great product.

However, the text on nextcloud.com/talk and in google play does suggest that chat should work. Actually, that was one of the reasons I migrated from owncloud to nextcloud. It was a bit disappointing to find out Android-based chat does not work.

In my opinion it would be better to state this explicitly on google play.

1 Like

Sorry about that. Let’s see what we can do to make it clearer that the mobile apps don’t support chat atm. (cc @jospoortvliet)

Hi Mario,

Just wondering if there has been any progress on this functionality. As CasTjeerdsen mentioned, the nextcould.com/talk states “Mobile apps for Android and iOS” as “Key capabilities” but it also shows an image of chat running on a mobile device.

I am in the same situation as Cas in that I migrated from OwnCloud to NextCloud specifically for this functionality so it’s a bit disappointing to find that the page is inaccurate.

Overall I am happier with NextCloud than I was with OwnCloud, and greatly appreciate all of the efforts that have gone into integrating voice/video/text chat functionality. I just wish the info on the website reflected the actual capabilities of the product. Thanks for your time!

2 Likes

The actual beta version of the android version have this feature.

The next ios and android version will have this feature. It’s a matter of days

1 Like

This is great news! Thanks for the update @Nemskiller

1 Like