IP address changed

My nextcloud runs via unraid. The nextcloud IP address is the same as unraid with :444 added to the end. So the server’s address is 192.xxx.x.xxx Nextcloud’s address is 192.xxx.x.xxx:444. The server’s address recently changed. I can access unraid simply by typing the address in the bar, but typing the address plus :444 does not get me into nextcloud as it did before the change. Now I get and “internal server error” message. Can anyone help fix this?

You are missing the required support template. Please fill this form out and edit into your post.

This will give us the technical info and logs needed to help you in case the machine in question in spitting out errors! Since you’ve provided zero technical details it is impossible to help you as-is. Thanks.

I’m sorry. But I ready don’t know how to get most of that info.

I’m using unraid 6.9.2 as an OS.

Hello,

Usually NAS and Servers like NextCloud is suppose to run on Static IP.

NextCloud configuration file needs to be edited every time your server IP changes → value called Trusted domain needs to be edited with the new IP to make it work.

trusted_domains 1 --value=192.168.xx.xx → Change this IP with your new IP.

But this is problematic. It’s better to set the NAS on a Static IP.

Thanks.

I believe it is static. It changed because I have a new ISP and a new modem/router. Before the new ISP, the addess never changed. Where do I go to input that trusted domain line?

I believe it is static. It changed because I have a new ISP and a new modem/router. Before the new ISP, the addess never changed. Where do I go to input that trusted domain line?

Hello,

I am not sure since I don’t have unraid and NAS, but Google Searching points to this location → /config/www/nextcloud/config/config.php

There, you may need to look for an option called trusted domain array → Edit or add entry for your new IP address.

Thanks.

Is there a phone number I can call and talk to someone? Does Nextcloud have a tech support line people can call for help?

Hello,

You may need to purchase / subscribe to their product support plan. Refer here → Pricing - Nextcloud

Thanks.

No, there is no phone number for the general public. This forum is meant for voluntary support. Nextcloud only supports their paid enterprise customers.

Calling their developers directly is the equivalent of ringing apple corporate to complain to Steve Jobs because you forgot your password. Slightly kidding, but also true.

1 Like

Then how do we know if we’re getting the right answers and not just some bs from someone who thinks they know?

Hello,

True, there is no way of knowing if the person replying, is giving you right answer or just some garbage reply.

However you can get reply directly from dedicated support team of NextCloud company with their support plans. Which includes phone number to call.

Phone support: up to 24/7

Simply subscribe to their support plan and call them up → Pricing - Nextcloud

Thanks.

1 Like

To get good aswers in a forum, you should ask questions as specific as possible and provide as much relevant details as possible about your system. The more details you provide and the more specific the question, the higher the chance that you will get an accurate answer. In general, people can only guide you towards the right answers. And with as little information as you provide, one can only guess what the problem might be. Nextcloud can be installed in a zillion different ways on a zillion different platforms in a zillion diffrent environments.

Your problem seems to have its root cause in the combination of Unraid, Docker? and your network configuration. Maybe you could also also ask in the Unraid forums. I imagine there are quiete a few users who are using Nextcloud on their servers, and they can probably help you better when it comes to specific issues regarding Unraid.

2 Likes