Introducing a Full Self-hosted Audio/video and Chat Communication Platform: Nextcloud Talk

a) What phone?
b) Do you have STUN and TURN configured?
c) Do you have Nextcloud on https? :slight_smile:

Don’t need STUN and TURN Server as this is between two computers on same network.
I think this should work before trying with phone.
Sorry I compare this to Spree.me that work that way is STUN server needed for computer to computer connection on LAN with TALK?

a) Samsung Galax Note 8 (vorher Note 3neo)
b) ? - verstehe die Frage nicht. :frowning:
c) yes

This is developed by a partner. I believe customers get access to the code.

I’ve a need for matrix integration into nextcloud talk! can you please make it happen? Any news since you post about this topic? Thanks

I’d encourage you to get involved, if you have a need for it! This will certainly take a while, certainly more than a few months, it is not very high priority. We’d absolutely welcome patches and other contributions.

What are these XMPP/Matrix-integrations supposed to do? Enable the use of Matrix/XMPP-clients with Nextcloud Talk or more, like server-to-server bridging with lots of supported features?

Both, in the end. I think that server-to-server bridging and client support are both very useful.

Dear nextcloud devs,

many thanks for developing such an amazing application! I’m fairly new to nextcloud, I’ve installed it on a vserver but unfortunately the Nextcloud Talk application is not working. I’m using Debian Stretch on combination with Apache2 and Lets Encrypt. Is there anyone out who installed Nextcloud on Debian Stretch with Nextcloud Talk working? If so, would you mind sharing your configuration with me? Many thanxx and best regards! Kamekun

Hi,

Do you have install Spreed.ME and webrtc ?

@kamekun , I have exactly the same configuration but on a real server (not vserver) and all works fine !

Do you have check your firewall ?

How you start your webrtc server ? By docker ?

@truky @B0r1sBack : Thank you for your quick answers. I haven’t installed spreed.me on the server, as I was thinking, that Nextcloud Talk is directly integrated into Nextcloud. I’ve only opened the webports 80 & 443 via ufw. Seems like I have to search for a howto install spreed.me on Debian, as it’s not officially supported. :frowning: Have a great day & keep up nextclouding :wink: Kamekun

All the suggestions to install spreed.me are wrong. There is indeed a Talk app that you install inside Nextcloud and that’s it. You might need to install a TURN server (coTURN) additionally and configure it inside Nextcloud if your router/firewall/etc situation is complicated though.

1 Like

@mario , you are right ! I don’t have webrtc et spreed.me installed on my server. Just talk app in nextcloud !

@mario : Many thanks for the clarification! :slight_smile: I found this link for configuring a turn server http://www.google.at/url?q=https://blog.netways.de/2017/08/16/setting-up-a-turn-server-for-nextcloud-video-calls/&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjI0LjI3o3aAhUnCcAKHeEbDrUQFggXMAQ&usg=AOvVaw0hAam8Lb_QC6osSmtfUof6 . It is stated that you need at leadt two public ip addresses for stun + turn :’( Is there any chance to achieve this with only one public ip address? Best regards kamekun

You already have a Nextcloud public STUN configured, so no worries there.

A post was split to a new topic: [Talk] Cannot achieve communication between two devices

Because too many users post their issues here instead of opening a new thread, I’m closing this one here.

For everyone reading this: you will get better support when you open a new thread and describe your configuration and setup in detail. Mixing news and issues here, won’t be an advantage for you :wink: