Internal server error following update of php 7.2/Erreur interne du serveur suite mise à jour php7.2

Following an update to nextcloud 18.0.1, a request for php7.2 was required.
After updating to php7.2, I have an internal server error.

Apache seems to be working well.
I don’t know where to look, can you help me?

thank you in advance

Nextcloud version (eg, 12.0.2): 18.0.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 17.04): debian 9
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): 2.4.25
PHP version (eg, 7.1):7.2

The issue you are facing: Internal Server Error

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

do you have some log-entries for us?

What newspaper do you need? Where can they be found?

the command “sudo -u www-data php occ upgrade”
returns me “Could not open input file: occ”
Can it come from there?

the forum (and maybe even me) would lie to see entries from your nextcloud.log - depending on your installations it could be anywhere on your server.

that should be done on command-line within your nextcloud-directory.

Here is the result : “sudo -u www-data php occ upgrade”
An unhandled exception has been thrown:
Doctrine\DBAL\DBALException: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: could not find driver in /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/DB/Connection.php:68
Stack trace:

I’m looking for the nextcloud.log

In the / var / log / debug logs, I have this:

> Feb 25 09:13:00 Nextcloud php7.4-mysql: php_invoke mysqlnd: already enabled for PHP 7.4 cli sapi
> Feb 25 09:13:00 Nextcloud php7.4-mysql: php_invoke mysqlnd: already enabled for PHP 7.4 apache2 sapi
> Feb 25 09:13:00 Nextcloud php7.4-mysql: php_invoke mysqli: already enabled for PHP 7.4 cli sapi
> Feb 25 09:13:00 Nextcloud php7.4-mysql: php_invoke mysqli: already enabled for PHP 7.4 apache2 sapi
> Feb 25 09:13:00 Nextcloud php7.4-mysql: php_invoke pdo_mysql: already enabled for PHP 7.4 cli sapi
> Feb 25 09:13:00 Nextcloud php7.4-mysql: php_invoke pdo_mysql: already enabled for PHP 7.4 apache2 sapi

As if he asked me php7.4…

you’re mixing-up two different things. In general two different PHP components are involved here, the web server and the command line component. You’ve only tested the command line (CLI) component. You need to update the web component now too to align both versions…

pls search the forum on how to adjust that correctly.

and NC18 is not compatible with php 7.4!

is that a fact? since i read different quotes…

I don’t see php 7.4:
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/18/admin_manual/installation/source_installation.html#prerequisites-for-manual-installation

And I think there was someone with an issue recently that was linked to php 7.4. Perhaps some things could work but I don’t think that they’ll backport everything to make NC 18 compatible with it (they haven’t done such things in the past).

1 Like

hmm ok. you’re right… i don’t see php 7.4 neither.
though several ppl here on the forum claimed something different… even shortly before 18.x arrived.

well thanks anyways. and no… backporting for 7.4 wouldn’t make any sense.

I am new to the Linux world, that is, do I need to update Apache?