Internal Server Error - Can't Access My Account

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 22.1.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Ubuntu 16.04.7
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache 2.4.18
PHP version (eg, 7.4): 7.4.10

The issue you are facing:

I can’t access Nextcloud via web. I have it in a shared paid server so I guess another user performed an upgrade. I have been using it for a long time and now I have this error when I put my credentials →

## Internal Server Error

The server was unable to complete your request.

If this happens again, please send the technical details below to the server administrator.

More details can be found in the server log.

### Technical details

Remote Address: 127.0.0.1
Request ID: zxiJR4NXpSqAhdq2T5GH

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): Y

Steps to replicate it:

1. Go to Nextcloud
  2. Input username and password

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging: ```
Can’t login to access log file. So i got this log file via SSH at nextcloud.log →

{"reqId":"zxiJR4NXpSqAhdq2T5GH","level":3,"time":"2021-10-10T03:47:27+00:00","remoteAddr":"127.0.0.1","user":"alansuski","app":"no app in context","method":"POST","url":"/alansuski/nextcloud/index.php/login","message":"Something is wrong with your openssl setup: error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line, error:0909006C:PEM routines:get_name:no start line, error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory, error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file, error:0E064002:configuration file routines:CONF_load:system lib, error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or directory,error:2006D080:BIO routines:BIO_new_file:no such file, error:0E064002:configuration file routines:CONF_load:system lib","userAgent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:93.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/93.0","version":"22.1.1.2"}

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

<?php
$CONFIG = array (
  'instanceid' => 'removed',
  'passwordsalt' => 'removed',
  'secret' => 'removed',
  'trusted_domains' =>
  array (
    0 => 'alansuski.bull.seedhost.eu',
  ),
  'datadirectory' => '/home19/alansuski/downloads',
  'dbtype' => 'sqlite3',
  'version' => '22.1.1.2',
  'overwrite.cli.url' => 'http://alansuski.bull.seedhost.eu/alansuski/nextcloud',
  'installed' => true,
);

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

[Sat Oct 09 16:28:39.249352 2021] [php7:error] [pid 5784] [client 127.0.0.1:40630] script '/home19/alansuski/www/alansuski.bull.seedhost.eu/alansuski/nextcloud.php' not found or unable to stat
[Sat Oct 09 21:08:19.414685 2021] [php7:error] [pid 5602] [client 127.0.0.1:38150] script '/home19/alansuski/www/alansuski.bull.seedhost.eu/alansuski/status.php' not found or unable to stat

Post does not look pretty :pensive: sorry about that.

I fixed the code tags in the post. Just some quotes were doubled at the wrong place.

This error is often associated with configuration problems of your server and the ssl certificates. Permission issues, after renewal of certs no restart, etc. Or some problem in your webserver config file and it has a fallback to some default config.

for that reason, I don’t know how much control you have. Is this a virtual server and you have full access?

Long-Term-Support was 5 years? 2016+5 → I’d at least plan to upgrade the whole operating system, if there is still support and a bit to come, it won’t be for long.

Thanks for cleaning up my post :grinning:

Yes, it’s a virtual server.
I don’t have full access but is a managed server, so I can request anything via support ticket.

FYI… I still have access to files in Nextcloud. But not able to login. I was using Nextcloud for several months and now after upgrade stop working, it’s a shame since I have hundred of files with shared links to friends… I want to avoid a fresh new install.

This one was solved now by a sysadmin friend.
Config.php was updated to specify SSL credentials… Just FYI just in case someone has same problem in the future.

Hi Mochomo
can you explain me, what your friend did in the config file.

I’m not sure what exactly he did, but he just updated Config.php to specify where SSL credentials were located.

SSL

‘openssl’ => [ ‘config’ => ‘/absolute/location/of/openssl.cnf’, ],