Internal server error after restarting docker-compose

I had a running NextCloud installation using docker-compose. After stopping and restarting the docker stack I experience an internal server error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.

Nextcloud version: 24
Operating system and version : Description: Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS
Release: 20.04
Codename: focal

I have tried to update the fingerprint of the database and to activate maintenance mode but none of these work.

I have found the following error message:

Next Doctrine\DBAL\Exception\TableNotFoundException: An exception occurred while executing a query: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'nextcloud.oc_appconfig' doesn't exist in /var/www/html/3rdparty/doctrine/dbal/src/Driver/API/MySQL/ExceptionConverter.php:47

It sounds like it may not be connected to your database. What were the exact commands you used to stop and start it?

You can also try looking at the docker container logs. There’s usually something helpful in there.

To stop nextcloud I have used
docker-compose down
To start it I have used
docker-compose -f docker-compose.yml up -d

Maybe, it is necessary to first activate maintenance mode of NextCloud before stopping containers?

you will find more details regarding the issue in the log of your application container e.g. docker logs nextcloud-app look for the issues and if you need more help post this logs and your docker-compose file as well.

Thank you for the hint. Looking at the logs I was not able to figure out why the “Internal Server Error” occured. I have restored NextCloud from a backup that I am running every second day so no data is lost.

1 Like