Internal Server Error (after o.s. dist-upgrade)

Dear all,

I’m new to the forum; thank you in advance for your invaluable support.

Up until now I have been using nextcloud (version 23.0.6) on a devuan beowulf distro, debian based. Today I proceed to upgrade the distribution to the newest chimaera version (based on the latest debian); with it, the php libraries from version 7.3 to 7.4 have been updated.

Unfortunately, after the reboot Nextcloud it hasn’t started anymore; apache told me:
“Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator if this error reappears multiple times, please include the technical details below in your report.
More details can be found in the server log.”

I would be grateful if you could help me solve the problem, without resetting everything.

Fabio

I would start there.

Dear Karl,

i just solved: linux update also included php libraries (from version 7.3 to 7.4); some of them, however, were lost during this procedure.

I ran this command below, just to verify that everything was installed:
sudo apt install php php-apcu php-bcmath php-cli php-common php-curl php-gd php-gmp php-imagick php-intl php-mbstring php-mysql php-zip php-xml

the terminal proved me right: something was missing. Nextcloud is back to working properly; I have updated it to version 24 (this is not possible with the old php libraries) and now everything is working perfectly.

Thank you very much for the timeliness of your support, Karl.

Best regards,