Integrity check issue: EXTRA_FILE after manual upgrade

I just manually updated nc from 21.x to current 22.2.3. I had to do it manually because of updater getting stuck every time. So I used this
https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/maintenance/manual_upgrade.html

So far so good, there were some other issues, so e.g. to reset SELinux, deleting redis configuration before upgrading, set read-only-flag in config, etc. but after all the update passed without errors.

In the link above it is mentioned to copy apps from old version to current one (just to be mentioned),
but now I face a whole lot of js files mentioned as EXTRA_FILE.
In overview I get
" Some files have not passed the integrity check. Further information on how to resolve this issue can be found in the documentation :arrow_upper_right:"

And the details, just the first few lines are like:

echnical information
=====================
The following list covers which files have failed the integrity check. Please read
the previous linked documentation to learn more about the errors and how to fix
them.

Results
=======
- viewer
	- EXTRA_FILE
		- .npmignore
- privacy
	- EXTRA_FILE
		- js/privacy.js.map
		- js/privacy.js
		- js/chunks/6-cb3756be5d83e6808ba0.js.map
		- js/chunks/9-cb3756be5d83e6808ba0.js.map

I already did an occ maint… repair, but no change.

My details:

Operating system: Linux 4.18.0-305.12.1.el8_4.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Aug 10 17:55:22 UTC 2021 x86_64

Webserver: Apache/2.4.37 (rocky) OpenSSL/1.1.1g (fpm-fcgi)

Database: mysql 10.3.28

PHP version: 7.4.25
Modules loaded: Core, date, libxml, openssl, pcre, zlib, filter, hash, Reflection, SPL, session, standard, cgi-fcgi, bcmath, bz2, calendar, ctype, curl, dom, mbstring, fileinfo, ftp, gd, gettext, gmp, iconv, intl, json, exif, mysqlnd, PDO, Phar, posix, shmop, SimpleXML, sockets, sodium, sqlite3, sysvmsg, sysvsem, sysvshm, tokenizer, xml, xmlwriter, xsl, mysqli, pdo_mysql, pdo_sqlite, xmlreader, zip, apcu, igbinary, imagick, msgpack, redis, Zend OPcache

Nextcloud version: 22.2.3 - 22.2.3.0

Updated from an older Nextcloud/ownCloud or fresh install:

Where did you install Nextcloud from: unknown

<details><summary>Signing status</summary>

Array ( [viewer] => Array ( [EXTRA_FILE] => Array ( [.npmignore] => Array ( [expected] => [current] => 616338ae182951560ed9b78485c4508550ffe27323e65034662d128bfd33bc58d283d5eac4b121b210ae242e5a1b5c9a8b0c99c253dcc5402b6f292c53299354 )
External storages: files_external is disabled

Encryption: no

User-backends:

OC\User\Database

Talk configuration:

STUN servers

no custom server configured

TURN servers

Signaling servers (mode: internal):

I think you can (or must) delete the additional files. Make a backup from the files.

1 Like

@devnull easy hint but helpful :slight_smile:
thanks. In the end, it was because of my copy lazyness. I use cp -r -n oldAppsFolder newAppsFolder so that a lot of useless files were copied, just because I was too lazy to copy 5 folders :slight_smile:

1 Like