Integrate public links in NC Desktop Application

Hi,

seems it is not possible to integrate public share links to the NC Desktop app, because it is only possible for user accounts? It would be nice if also public shares are abled to be shown in the Windows Explorer.

:slightly_smiling_face:

Unfortunately I don’t understand what function you’re looking fir. Can you please explain in more detail how exactly this function should look like?

Hi,

I just created my NC-server. Now I am testing in which way our customers should get shares. Firstly I intended to make our customers as NC-users. But this is a privacy problem because all NC-users are able to view the names of all the other NC-database-users (e.g. via “search users”-function and other options). This is not wanted by me because of european privacy rules (DSGVO). So the problem is that I as admin am not able to reduce rights of NC-database-users. The main problem is that a detailed rights management of NC-functions for NC-users is missing! In other words: NC-users have too many rights/options, I as admin would like to give rights for every option (Activity, Searching for users etc). So I am forced to share public links to my customers instead making them to NC-users. In this scenario it would be nice if our customers are not only be able to get their shares via Webbrowser, but also by Windows Explorer.

:slightly_smiling_face: