InstantUpload on Android app sometimes uploads partial, corrupted photos

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 22.2.3
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Host: Debian 10 (Buster). Client: Android 11, Nextcloud app 3.18.1
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): Apache/2.4.51
PHP version (eg, 7.4): PHP/8.0.15

The issue you are facing:

The InstantUpload app occasionally (roughly 5% of the time) only uploads part of a photo. It does not attempt to resume this upload or give any indication of a problem otherwise.

I am not sure whether this is due to a flaky internet connection or if it is due to the app getting killed by powersaving. In any case, expected behavior should be either that the upload is considered failed and retries, or that the upload attempts to resume at a later time.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N): N

I've hidden the replication steps and nextcloud logs as I believe this to be a client issue for Android. I can try to paste a logcat or some other client-side logs for Android, but it may take some effort to find the exact conditions that trigger corrupted uploads.

Steps to replicate it:

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

A year later and i am seeing a similar issue,

android app doesn’t fully upload pdfs/imgs around 5% of the time.

Did you find any solution to this issue?

This is still happening and since its corrupted the wifes baby pictures, Im being forced to find another solution for photo management.