InstantUpload conflict from android phone

I’ve installed nextcloud quite recently, and I’m very happy with it so far.
One of my main usage is explained below and I experience some difficulties with it. Maybe it’s wrong usage, but it seems to me that it’s not supposed to work this way. Do you think it should/could be corrected ?

Use-case
I’m hosting nextcloud on my home server (version 21.0.2).
I’ve setup automatic upload from my phone photos to nextcloud “InstantUpload” folder.
This folder is mounted locally to another location (webdav) where my photos server can import.
After Import, photos server will delete the photos.

Issue 1
Next cloud doesn’t launch instant upload if nextcloud app is not started.
=> workaround 1: launch nextcloud app

Issue 2
If I’m not explicitely synchronizing InstantUpload folder in nextcloud app (because folder has been modified since last refresh), InstantUpload fails with “Conflict” error.
=> workaround 2: go to InstantUpload in nextcloud app, wait for folder to synchronize. Then, InstantUpload starts again and succeeds.

Expected result
Be able to upload photos automatically without having to care about these two issues : neither care about nextcloud app being started on my phone, nor care about InstantUpload folder being synchronized.

I could imagine the app is not allowed to run in background (on new Android devices) - review your battery saver settings

Thank you for your advice. I’ll try that :slightly_smiling_face: !

For Issue 2, is there anything that can be done to solve this problem ?
It’s very annoying : whenever I’ve got new photos on my phone, and come back home, wifi triggers upload to nextcloud but it fails all the time.

I always have to:

1. manually open nextcloud app,
  2. go to Files/InstantUpload so that folder gets synchronized,
  3. then trigger again auto-upload…

This is far from automatic. Would it be possible to sync InstantUpload folder automatically before launching InstantUpload ?