Hope you are well and I have again hit the wall. I have decided to wipe my system and install new Linux Mint 19 alongside with Nextcloud server 14.
I used to have it set up to run NC server off the EXTERNAL HDD partition (can’t remember how now and it has been more than 2 years). So I have created a partition under /media/user/nextcloud_disk/nextcloud_data where actual all the old data sit in ./nextcloud_data folder)
I followed an online manual https://www.linuxbabe.com/ubuntu/install-nextcloud-ubuntu-18-04-nginx-lemp
and it told to set up nc14 into /usr/share/nginx instead of /var/www (not sure if it makes any difference). I then have done the following -
- pointed data directory in ./nginx/nextcloud/config/config.php to /media/user/nextcloud_disk/nextcloud_data
- chown -R www-data:www-data on both directory in point 1 (datadirectory and nextcloud)
- chmod -R 755 on both directory in point 1
- I even copy using rsync of /var/share/nginx/nextcloud folder into /media/user/nextcloud_disk/nextcloud_data folder and made sure all the attribute are the same
- I then also copy /var/share/nginx/nextcloud folder into /var/www/
All my nginx server is up and running and passing the sslab.com test. However when I tried to set up my nextcloud URL the first time, it sayd cannot write or write to folder /media/user/nextcloud_disk/nextcloud_data folder.
I am now completely stuck and I am not sure if I missed any steps and this is whats in my config.php (on all 3 location of nextcloud files)<?php $CONFIG = array ( 'instanceid' => 'oc643dyedo7k', 'datadirectory' => '/media/user/nextcloud_disk/nextcloud_data', ); As always I am a newbie so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Brad