Installation of nextCloud fails with Webinstaller at Hosted Webspace

Hello,
I have done nextCloud installations with webinstaller at different hosters with nextCloud 17 and 18. Now I want to install a clean nextCloud 20 but I have got trouble with the webinstaller with initialise the database.

Database connection will be established and then there is the following error:

Error while trying to initialise the database: An exception occurred while executing ‘CREATE TABLE oc_migrations (app VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, version VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY(app, version)) DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE ‘utf8mb4_bin’ ENGINE = InnoDB ROW_FORMAT = compressed’: SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can’t create table ‘db000987654’.‘oc_migrations’ (errno: 140 “Wrong create options”)

Anybody has got a hint for me…

Hi @scumpyjoe have you enabling MySQL 4-byte ??

sudo mysql -u root -p
CREATE DATABASE nextcloud CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_general_ci;

Good question. I only can create the database via web host backend account, no access to do such commands you have written…

How can I check at my hosting webspace if the database is a 4-byte database?

@scumpyjoe how you have created the database ?

At my hosted webspace admin account my webspace hoster offers to create databases via mouseclick, set description and password…that’s all

No further options.

@scumpyjoe Which hosting provider do you use? I will look for solutions if any exist.

Thank you for your help. I have written to my hoster and will wait for response.