Installation issue: Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occurred in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory

Hi,

I’m trying to install nextcloud on a raspi 3 model B on which I have installed Ubuntu server version 20.04. The nextcloud version I downloaded is 20.0.4. I followed the instructions for installation on linux from the nextcloud admin documentation. When I run the command: $ cd /var/www/nextcloud/ $ sudo -u www-data php occ maintenance:install --database \ "mysql" --database-name "nextcloud" --database-user "root" --database-pass \ "password" --admin-user "admin" --admin-pass "password" The error message provided in the title pops up. I run the command from the root nextcloud directory. Also after reboot and removal of the config.php, I still get that error.

I tried the search function but the solutions provided do not seem to apply to my situation or are solves provided by much more advanced users and I cannot comprehend the solution as I am more of a noob to linux servers.

Can you please help me to figure out what the issue is.

Hello @Fred3 ,

welcome to the community of Nextcloud.

First you need a working db server.

Please check your db setup.

Thanks, of course - my bad. Installed mysql, that did the trick.