Install screen is broken...?

Hi, I’m having some problems installing Nextcloud at the moment.

The DB buttons are well… umm, this
The collapsible of “Storage & database” doesn’t work, its always expanded and the SQLite text is always there.

If I install it, it “installs” but doesn’t touch the database, so I have to click on “MySQL” before installing, then it does that properly.
It installs… but then doesn’t work, everything loads fine and seems like its working, but changing anything does save, like its frozen in time.

I’ve tried multiple versions now (almost every single one from 20 to 21), what should I be looking at and any clues about this?
Am I missing some requirement from the docs, why is the setup itself broken?

Thing to note, I’ve originally had it behind Cloudflare, then disabled it, problems are still there if I disable Cloudflare and clean install like that.
And I’m using DirectAdmin, I have full SSH root access to the server though, if needed.

Hi @Aleksa_Djordjic, have you install php-mysql package ?

Yes, I’m using DirectAdmin and PHP 7.3, I have the mysql module installed.

@Aleksa_Djordjic , have you install these packages ?
php libapache2-mod-php php-common libapache2-mod-php php-mbstring php-xmlrpc php-soap php-apcu php-gd php-xml php-intl php-json php-cli php-zip php-curl php-fpm php-bz2 php-intl php-bcmath php-gmp

Checking right now, for some I know I got them, some I’m unsure, and some I know I don’t have but will install them now and test again are:
bz2 and xmlrpc
How should I check if they are installed? Since I’m using DirectAdmin, it compiles PHP, I can’t just apt-get install php7.3-{extension}

Update: Nope… those two didn’t help

Here is php -m output:

root@da:~# php -m
[PHP Modules]
bcmath
bz2
calendar
Core
ctype
curl
date
dom
exif
fileinfo
filter
ftp
gd
gettext
gmp
hash
iconv
imap
intl
ionCube Loader
json
libxml
mailparse
mbstring
mysqli
mysqlnd
openssl
pcre
PDO
pdo_mysql
pdo_sqlite
Phar
posix
Reflection
session
SimpleXML
soap
sockets
sodium
SPL
sqlite3
standard
tokenizer
xml
xmlreader
xmlrpc
xmlwriter
xsl
zip
zlib

[Zend Modules]
the ionCube PHP Loader + ionCube24

It seems that these are missing:
apcu
I’ll see if I can find a way to install them to DA, but in the meantime, can I get an explanation of what each one of them is responsible for in Nextcloud?

Found the problem:
Since I was using Cloudflare, I had Rocket Loader enabled, and since it messes with JavaScript, it seems to break Nextcloud, disabling that fixes EVERYTHING… geez

1 Like