Insert image signature in Mail

I’m using the Mail application on Nextcloud, but I’m not able to insert an image in the email signature. Is there any configuration to make this configuration? Or is it not possible to insert image in the email signature? Would it be possible to use email signature in html format?

Here is the issue

https://github.com/nextcloud/mail/blob/main/doc/admin.md

Here is the documentation

1 Like

Hello and sorry to disturb you.

I have the same issue to insert an image in signature, i tried to read understand the documentation but i have to admit that i am a simple user :sweat_smile:

Can you explain how to do so please?

Nobody needs images in signature. In my and the email program of others it is terrible and looks unprofessional. Nice was the time when email consisted of ASCII. there were also no HTML security holes in email.

@devnull, Wauw. That is just utter bs.
EVERY company that I receive emails from has their logo in their signature.
If they did it well: only a small one.
And it looks 100% professional. I instaltly see it when they don’t use it. To me this makes them look not professional.

It is a bit of a disappointment that a nice package as Nextcloud does not support this.
When I quickly read the Githup topic, I read it is blocked by receivers side? I just don’t understand why it can work in Microsoft exchange?
I will not use Nextcloud for my main company as long as this is not possible. (to show how big of a deal this seemingly small ussue is to me).

That is not correct. My company does not use a logo in the signature. It is plain text. For logo you can click on the link to our website in the signature. Furthermore, some mail clients handle these unnecessary attachments incorrectly.

Yes. That maybe a problem for you and others. And yes i think it must then be fixed for you and others.

Maybe I’m a little old, too. I still know the Internet without graphics and with text smilies. It was a nice time. ;-) I also like more Markdown than normal Office. The question is whether you want to transport content or optics. Perhaps you can compare the entropy from text vs. graphics. I think the entropy of text is better than for graphics.