Import a lot of photos and videos with folder structure creation

I’m using NC right now to upload photos and videos from my mobile and I’m really happy with it. Especially the year and month folder structure.

Unfortunately this only works for new photos. For all the old photos I have to create the folder structure by hand.
Addidtionaly I have a lot of old photos and videos on my hard disk that where imported using iPhoto and Windows Photos.
So it’s a big mess and I would like to unify everything using NC.

So is it possible to import all my photos and videos so that:

1. NC is creating the folder structure for me and
  2. No duplicates are imported ?

No. If they aren’t synced by the auto upload mechanism, it won’t organize or deduplicate them.

The only exception to this I know of is that if they’re still on your phone, the app has an option to upload the entire camera roll.

Any news on this?

I do this from linux with following these steps:

1. Copy the pictures I want to /Photos folder
  2. Execute this command for every year, i.e. for 2021:
    find ./ -maxdepth 1 -type f -newermt 20210101 -not -newermt 20211231 -name "*.jpg" -exec mv {} 2021/ \;
    This will move all photos in /Photos folder taken in 2021 to /Photos/2021
    As you can see you have to specify the date start (newermt parameter), the date end (not newermt parameter) and the destination folder (2021/)
    I do this for every year: 2020, 2021, 2022…
  3. I get into the year folder, i.e. /Photos/2021 and execute the following command to move each pic to its month
    find ./ -maxdepth 1 -type f -newermt 20210101 -not -newermt 20210201 -name "*.jpg" -exec mv {} 01/ \;
    This is for January only.

Obviously all this could be simplified with a bash script. I do it with a script, but is more complex to understand than these commands

1 Like