I updated nextcloud and the docker image and now the old settings and data no longer appear

nextcloud was asking to be updated, so I downgraded the containers, downloaded the updated files that nextcloud provided me and replaced them in the nextcloud installation location. After that I tried to upgrade the containers in the same way I did previously, but it started giving me an error because the nextcloud image was old, so I changed my compose and just added the location lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud to the app image. :latest, to get the latest version of the image, the rest of the compose I left everything the same as before. But now when I upgrade and the containers go up, I log into nextcloud and everything is standard, I no longer have the data or the users. Need help! What do I do to make the things I had on nextcloud appear before it was updated, thanks in advance

Another thing, when I go to \Aplications\Nextcloud\app\data, all the users and files are there!

It sounds like you may be using LinuxServer.io’s old approach to upgrading, which is not how they do things these days:

Will it work if I switch to the new approach?

I don’t know offhand, without fully reverse engineering what you did.

After that I tried to upgrade the containers in the same way I did previously, but it started giving me an error because the nextcloud image was old, so I changed my compose and just added the location lscr.io/linuxserver/nextcloud to the app image. :latest, to get the latest version of the image, the rest of the compose I left everything the same as before.

Wait, are you saying you switched images entirely? Were you previously using the Nextcloud micro-services image perhaps?

Your volume is mounted at /var/www/html per your Compose, but the LinuxServer.io images mount their data in /data and their config in /config generally. Your mount looks more like what I’d expect if you were using the Nextcloud micro-services image (GitHub - nextcloud/docker: ⛴ Docker image of Nextcloud).

Before you do anything else you need to sort out what image you had before.

Once you get this sorted, I would pin your image to a specific major version (not latest). Docker upgrades are super easy and should never involve manually running the Updater in the container:

I did it using the new approach. I downgraded the containers, deleted compose and recreated it, leaving the settings as I used to. After that I pulled compose and after that I uploaded the containers, but the app container keeps restarting, I accessed the logs to check what the error was. How do I fix this?

I’m new to docker, I don’t know exactly what image I used. I do my operations through open media vault, so I saw in a tutorial on YouTube that the person installed nextcloud by creating a file in open media vault and configuring compose that way, so I did it that way and it worked, until yesterday I tried to update , only then did it start to give errors. Until then, the Docker installation was done using the openmediavault file and inserting the compose configs like this:

I did an add file in open media vault, put these settings in and after that I upgraded the file. That’s how I installed nextcloud first.