I still don't see upgrade to NC23x (am on NC22)

Same here. I‘m on NC 22.2.6 (Ubuntu 20.04) and it says everything is up to date. No update available on stable channel.

You should see the 23 release. If you don’t it might be that you have a to old PHP version. Or that something is missing.

/Johan

I’m having the issue that I ran Nextcloud 22 and updated via Archlinux repository to 23. Now the nextcloud updater says that I am not allowed to skip major versions. Could it be possible that 22 in some cases has a wrong “major version awareness”?

Is PHP 7.4.3 considered old?

Yep, very old. I’m on PHP 7.4.28 (and I am offered 23.0.3). But I’m declining the offer atm.

I try using the OCC command line to upgrade my nextcloud to the 23 version, with the same result. It is very extrange, I have done all my upgrades normally till now…

Maybe, but in other upgrades, if I must change or upgrade something in my install before the upgrade, the nextcloud install warns me in the settings, but this time there is no advertise an it says that all is ok.

In other hand, is it safe if I upgrade my php to 8.0 version if I am running Nextcloud 22?

Thank you.

I have had a hard look in all the release notes, release announcements and manuals for what the dependencies are for NC23, but can’t find them anywhere.

Debian stable has php 7.4, so if 8.0 is a requirement (which is just a guess, since there’s no documentation), then I’m going to be on NC22 for the next two years.

There are the system requirements for NC23: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/23/admin_manual/installation/system_requirements.html
It supports php 7.3, 7.4, 8.0.

1 Like

Oh yes, I was wrong. I did see that, but I didn’t believe it (because it was unchanged from 22 and all those requirements are met in my environment). So either there isn’t an accurate requirements list, or for some other reason I’m not being offered 23.

So, using php 7.4 is not the problem for not being offered version 23… Ummm, this is very rare. I know that the mayor versions are offered in scale mode, but is being a time since nextcloud 23.0.2 was offered and they are working on the version 24.

I also try deleting update-oc* folders in my data folder with the same result, no new version for nextcloud 22.2.6

Thanks a lot

Nothing to do with PHP I am running NC 23 instances under PHP 7.4 and 8; all working fine.
I think Nextcloud push of update information occurs to instances from time to time as from the various NC instances I am running not all pop up the update notification at the same time, some times I encounter delays of more than 2 weeks between the platforms. Seems to me that the update servers aren‘t always reachable for all global regions, which probably leads to this situation. However one can always download the latest version manually and accomplish the occ update if needed.

Thank you hishthehush, I will be patiente and wait, else I will download and install it manually

I have the issue that I was on NC 22.1.x and than performed a system upgrade with new PHP, MariaDB and also nextcloud as I expected an upgrade to be possible from 22.x to 23.x (one major version). It turned out that you can only upgrade to 23 if you had 22.2.x before (which does not work with my new PHP and MariaDB version).

Before trying anything with your PHP I highly recommend to make sure you have the latest NC22 release. However, PHP 8.0 seems to be a dependency for NC23.

Thank you Thorbinjho, I am at the last version of 22 (22.2.6). I readed that this version suports php 8.0, but I better wait for it to give me the option to update to version NC 23 and update to php 8.0 then.
Thanks for the tips.

As above, php 8.0 is not documented as a dependency for NC23. Nobody seems to know for sure what the dependencies are.

And today, magically, after 3 attempts the upgrade to NC 23.0.3 has appeared. As Yoda says, Patience you must have, my young padawan :rofl:

Thank you all

For the record, I am now at NC 23 with php 7.4 and no warnings to upgrade It to version 8.0

And php 7.4 is still supported in NC 24: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/admin_manual/installation/system_requirements.html

So no reason for a warning.

I‘m offered the update to NC 23.0.3 today as well. Will see how it goes.