I shared a folder, other person adds file but I don't see it

Nextcloud version: 18.0.2
Operating system and version: Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Server Edition
Apache or nginx version: 2.4.41
PHP version: 7.3.11-0ubuntu0.19.10.3

I have shared a folder with someone else who has a user account on this Nextcloud instance that is operated by me. Recently, when the other person adds files to this folder, I don’t see them anymore: neither on my desktop system, nor in the Web UI. However, when the other person sent me an internal link to one of these files, I was able to access and download it all right, which proves that the files are in fact uploaded.

The files are not particularly big (~ 20 MB), they have inconspicuous names, and the Nextcloud log does not contain any hint.

Why would they not appear in the Files app for me and are not downloaded by the desktop client?

are they stored on an external device?

try sudo -u www-data php occ files:scan --all from commandline in your nc-installation directory

Thanks for the quick response.

In the meantime I have performed some experiments with the other user. It appears that we both can make changes to the folder on the desktop client which are synchronized with the server all right, but are not being synchronized with the other person’s account.

occ files:scan --all did not amend this situation.

I had a look at the other person’s Nextcloud client log which does not reveal the cause of the problem either.

I guess I’ll have to live with it. Maybe try and create a new folder and share that.