I get timeout errors even on smaller files. Any help is appreciated

Hi, recently I get a lot of timeout errors and some files don’t sync at all. Sometimes it says that it couldn’t download a file completely. I’m desperately seaarching for a solution.

I run Nextcloud on a Raspberry Pi 4 and I have desktop clients for several Windows and Android devices.

The synchronization worked fine a few weeks ago. I’m not sure what caused the problem. Encryption is disabled.

Logs:
Error PHP Array to string conversion at /var/www/nextcloud/lib/private/App/DependencyAnalyzer.php#378
2020-01-23T10:37:25+0100
Fatal webdav Sabre\DAV\Exception\BadRequest: Expected filesize of 3272704 bytes but read (from Nextcloud client) and wrote (to Nextcloud storage) 106496 bytes. Could either be a network problem on the sending side or a problem writing to the storage on the server side.
2020-01-23T09:12:47+0100
Error no app in context Sabre\DAV\Exception\BadRequest: Expected filesize of 3272704 bytes but read (from Nextcloud client) and wrote (to Nextcloud storage) 106496 bytes. Could either be a network problem on the sending side or a problem writing to the storage on the server side.
2020-01-23T09:12:47+0100
Fatal webdav Sabre\DAV\Exception\BadRequest: Expected filesize of 3272704 bytes but read (from Nextcloud client) and wrote (to Nextcloud storage) 434176 bytes. Could either be a network problem on the sending side or a problem writing to the storage on the server side.
2020-01-23T09:07:05+0100
Error no app in context Sabre\DAV\Exception\BadRequest: Expected filesize of 3272704 bytes but read (from Nextcloud client) and wrote (to Nextcloud storage) 434176 bytes. Could either be a network problem on the sending side or a problem writing to the storage on the server side.
2020-01-23T09:07:05+0100
Fatal webdav Sabre\DAV\Exception\BadRequest: Expected filesize of 3272704 bytes but read (from Nextcloud client) and wrote (to Nextcloud storage) 270336 bytes. Could either be a network problem on the sending side or a problem writing to the storage on the server side.
2020-01-23T09:01:34+0100
Error no app in context Sabre\DAV\Exception\BadRequest: Expected filesize of 3272704 bytes but read (from Nextcloud client) and wrote (to Nextcloud storage) 270336 bytes. Could either be a network problem on the sending side or a problem writing to the storage on the server side.

Details on a Sabre error:
Sabre\DAV\Exception\BadRequest: Expected filesize of 3272704 bytes but read (from Nextcloud client) and wrote (to Nextcloud storage) 106496 bytes. Could either be a network problem on the sending side or a problem writing to the storage on the server side.

/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 1130:

OCA\DAV\Connector\Sabre\File->put("*** sensiti ... *")

/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/CorePlugin.php - line 513:

Sabre\DAV\Server->updateFile("*** sensiti ... *")

<<closure>>

Sabre\DAV\CorePlugin->httpPut(Sabre\HTTP\R ... "}, Sabre\HTTP\Response {})

/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/event/lib/EventEmitterTrait.php - line 105:

call_user_func_array([ Sabre\DAV\ ... "], [ Sabre\HTTP ... }])

/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 479:

Sabre\Event\EventEmitter->emit("method:PUT", [ Sabre\HTTP ... }])

/var/www/nextcloud/3rdparty/sabre/dav/lib/DAV/Server.php - line 254:

Sabre\DAV\Server->invokeMethod(Sabre\HTTP\R ... "}, Sabre\HTTP\Response {})

/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/lib/Server.php - line 317:

Sabre\DAV\Server->exec()

/var/www/nextcloud/apps/dav/appinfo/v2/remote.php - line 35:

OCA\DAV\Server->exec()

/var/www/nextcloud/remote.php - line 163:

require_once("/var/www/ne ... p")

This expected filesize is a bit complicated. In an old owncloud-post (before the fork of Nextcloud), there is a long list of possible issues:

Probably not all is valid any more, but it gives you a few starting points to investigate.

1 Like

Thank you, I will go through those possible issues.