How to work with or deactivate delayed downloads / synchronizations

Since some months, I recognized some changes in my Windows desktop client concerning its synchronization / download behavior:

(1) synchronized files between clients don’t get immediately downloaded locally, but the download is now postponed to the situation when I actively open (click on) the respective file within the Windows system. Then, a download window appears. And only then, the file seems to really be on my local system.

(2) local backups (activated by drag/drop or copy/paste within the WindowsExplorer) now exclude my NextCloud folders. The Folders seem to be integrated only as “folder links”, not as real folders containing files. Thus, I have to manually scan through my backups and ensure that even the NextCloud folders have been properly copied.

Is there a possibility to re-activate IMMEDIATE DOWNLOADS of already synchronized files, as it was the default some months ago?

If not, how can I ensure proper operation of e.g. local BACKUPS of NextCloud?

Thanks.

Hi again,

Is the described effect of delayed download known / visible to anyone excelp myself, anyway? Or would it rather be some odd local configuration issue concerning non-NextCloud components within my system?

Thanks.

For some time now, the VirtualFiles function is available in addition to the traditional sync method. Your description would fit to the VF behaviour.

Hi @JMLatNC, thank you. Yes, it was the VirtualFiles feature which I now managed to deactivate after reading the documentation on VirtualFiles.