How to share/synchronize a folder with another used at tab.digital?

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version (eg, 20.0.5): 3.5.1
Operating system and version (eg, Ubuntu 20.04): Linux Mint
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25): replace me
PHP version (eg, 7.4): replace me

The issue you are facing:
I want to share/synchronize a folder with another user via tab.digital. I seem to be able to share the folder, so the other user can download it, but I can’t make it synchronizable. I want us to collaborate on it. How do I do this?

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):

Steps to replicate it:

1. I’ve tried using “Federated Cloud Id”
  2. I’ve tried using standard email
  3. I’ve tried sending a sharing email link, and the folder is downloadable, but not shareable

The problem doesn’t seem to be with the Nextcloud Sync app, because I can see that the supposedly shared folder does not even update in the dashboard, if I edit a file on my end.

I hope someone can help. Thank you

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

PASTE HERE

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):

PASTE HERE

The output of your Apache/nginx/system log in /var/log/____:

PASTE HERE

PASTE HERE

Output errors in nextcloud.log in /var/www/ or as admin user in top right menu, filtering for errors. Use a pastebin service if necessary.

PASTE HERE

Also the second user can use the normal share link

Image: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/latest/user_manual/_images/share-federation-3-public.png

File Sharing — Nextcloud latest User Manual latest documentation

Then the user find the file and/or directory in his root path after clicking “Accept”. Then the user can copy the file/directory to his own Nextcloud directory. This is no sync.

For federated work use shares (modify, read/write) for Markdown, Collabora Online and OnlyOffice.