How to reinstall the ncp web UI?

After a drive failure, a failed restore and ncp-init, the ncp admin UI is broken. I can log in OK, but the UI is displaying bits of PHP code and is generally weird and disfunctional.

How can I reinstall the web UI?

id say make a dump of your database and copy the data section and just make a fresh install and restore.

If possible I would rather not have to reflash the SD card.

To reset nextcloud itself I can run nc-init. Is there no way to do something similar for the web UI?

The problem seem to be that with the update to buster, the PHP version has changed from 7.2 to 7.3. In /var/log/syslog/ it says

grep: /etc/php/7.2/fpm/pool.d/www.conf: No such file or directory

Does anyone know where I need to change 7.2 to 7.3?

I found that /usr/local/etc/ncp.cfg had old values for the Debian release and PHP. Updating this seemed to work, but now eth0 is not coming up. Argh!

Oh, rebooting has fixed the network problem, but the web UI is still borked :grimacing:

I am sorry but i can’t think of another proper way to set up the system relayable and smoothly.

OK, thanks, However, I have managed to straighten things out a bit. The update to buster was somehow incomplete, so there were some PHP issues. After restarting the update to buster, the web UI is now OK.

However, Nextcloud itself is still not working. There seems to be a problem with there not being a php7.3-redis package available, but I’ll start another thread for that issue.