How to populate my account with uploaded files

Dear all,
please i had a new install of NEXTCLOUD 13.0.4 and i have some users configured. With the Desktop client, i cannot upload large files of up to 700Mb. It keeps failing with file permission errors. So i decided to use another FTP client to daily upload my server backups into the data folder of this Nextcloud user. But the problem now is that, from the nextcloud user’s interface, i don’t see the uploaded files. So how can i make them appear under that account?

I came across this command but i cannot get it to work:
sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ files:scan --all

I am using the OVH shared hosting platform and my NEXTCLOUD instance is installed in a subfolder called MyCloud under my account. I don’t see the www-data nor /var/www/nextcloud folders. So how do i proceed?

Thank you

You are nearly there. You just need to put in the correct path for your Nextcloud installation.
Let’s assume your Nextcloud instance is installed under:

/var/www/MyCloud/

Then you need to run:

sudo -u www-data php /var/www/MyCloud/occ files:scan --all

www-data is an account owned by Apache, so you won’t see that as you would a regular account under /home/username

Thank you Mr. Wizlon, but here is the error i get;

COMMAND: sudo -u www-data php ./occ files:scan --all
ERROR: **-ovh_ssh: sudo: command not found**

I checked the OS it is Debian v8.11 and i think sudo should be a recognized command on the Debian. What else can i do if the “Sudo” command is not installed?

RECALL: i AM USING A SHARED HOST SERVER

Do you have su as an option? If so, this might get you there:

su -s /bin/bash www-data

In a Linux container, this gets you a bash prompt as www-data. Type ‘exit’ to quit (without the quotes).

Wizlon, i think i have limited rights over that system. It requests a root password to execute that command which when i put my ssh password, it cannot get through. I guess i have to contact the host provider - OVH for access.

1 Like