How to not break things?

i am getting an error

DRIVER FAILED PROGRAMMING EXTERNAL CONNECTIVITY ON ENDPOINT NEXTCLOUD BIND FOR 0.0.0.0:8243 FAILED PORT IS ALREADY IN USE

when trying to upgrade
to
23.0.2-apache

UNTIL THIS DAY I HAVE NOT HAD A SINGLE SUCCESSFUL PAIN FREE UPGRADE

your CAPS lock is broken! did you try to spell check before you send? People spend their spare time to help others. nobody is will spend even a second on your issue if keep your wording.

For new topics in the support area (I moved it here, so perhaps there isn’t one in the fulltext-search). Goal is to have all information because with the port 8243, this isn’t a native Linux setup, perhaps with remote proxy, truenas, nextcloudpi, docker, snap, …

Normally the webserver isn’t restarted, so I don’t know why you restart it and why this port is taken. Doesn’t look like the native Nextcloud code is causing this problem, rather the implementation you are using…

As wwe said, we are users as well. For us things break as well and we help out each other. No need to shout…

Please do not swear, be polite, include technical details of your steps taken, and include logs (here or pastebin) when asking for support. Thanks.