How to Nextcloud SMS configuration?

Support intro

Sorry to hear you’re facing problems :slightly_frowning_face:

help.nextcloud.com is for home/non-enterprise users. If you’re running a business, paid support can be accessed via portal.nextcloud.com where we can ensure your business keeps running smoothly.

In order to help you as quickly as possible, before clicking Create Topic please provide as much of the below as you can. Feel free to use a pastebin service for logs, otherwise either indent short log examples with four spaces:

example

Or for longer, use three backticks above and below the code snippet:

longer
example
here

Some or all of the below information will be requested if it isn’t supplied; for fastest response please provide as much as you can :heart:

Nextcloud version _15.04
Operating system and version _LineageOS 16
Apache or nginx version (eg, Apache 2.4.25):
PHP version (eg, 7.1):

The issue you are facing:
Cannot add account to the Android Nextcloud SMS app.
Cannot add Signal, the default sms app- and the does the stock message app does not even show as an option.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? (Y/N):

Steps to replicate it:

1. Press add account - Signal
  2. App goes to home screen
  3. Check accounts - no accounts added!

I’m not aware of an Android app called “Nextcloud SMS”. Can you please be more precise which app you mean in detail.

Nextcloud SMS app is in the F-Droid repo.
https://f-droid.org/en/packages/fr.unix_experience.owncloud_sms/

Ok, it looks like the app requires the installation and configuration of the PhoneSync app on your Nextcloud server. Could you use the app via the web gui? I’m personally not using it, so that someone else need to jump in and assist.

Yes, I have PhoneSync app installed on the server - although it is ocsms that is recommended but this does not exist in the nc app store.
It is the android app I need to get sorted.

thanks for the look in!