How to manually remove file locks on NextCloud AIO (Docker Installation)

Howdy folks. I currently have a deployment of NextCloud AIO (currently on version 28.0.5) and am I looking into how I can manually remove locks on files. I have several clients dealing with a situation where a file is locked and it cannot be unlocked, and does not unlock automatically. This does not always occur, but when it does happen, people often end up copying the file and deleting the old one. I understand that there is a way to remove locked files via modifying the database directly, but I haven’t been able to find anything straightforward that works with my setup. Info on how to do this would be appreciated.

I have already configured locked files to expire after 1 hour, but this does not appear to work. This is the command I ran: docker exec --user www-data -it nextcloud-aio-nextcloud php occ config:app:set --value ‘60’ files_lock lock_timeout

Advice and instructions would be appreciated.

See More commands :slight_smile:

Ah, well yes I have an issue over there, but there is very little activity or responses, hence why I was hoping to get some traction here. Considering how much of a problem this is at the moment I was just trying to see if anyone else had any ideas because ultimately what I’m looking at doing is to try to interface with the NextCloud AIO Database with a docker environment, which I am struggling to find much information for at the moment.

Did you try out the commands Josh recommended you with the link?

1 Like