How to install nextloud - total confusion

hi,
i want to install nextcloud in docker env on my ubuntu server… the oficial website points
https://nextcloud.com/install/#instructions-server
to

where is almost nothing provided…
when i opened https://ubuntuserverip:8080 i was provided with some pass… which once entered i was forwarded to the page. …

i have no clue …whats that? is that part of the installation process? The domain i am typing points to my publicIP and there is portforward of 443 to the ip address of the ubuntuserver… still it says not reachable…

there is completely different way how to install described here…

so then for a what reason is there oficial AIO docker image? nowhere on internet anyone using / documenting how to setup it that way …

thanks

Hi, if you are completely sure that you configured everything correctly, you can skip the domain validation by following Nextcloud docker installation on server 2019 - #4 by szaimen

@szaimen thanks i will try.

on the box i want to install nextcloud … i have such dir structure

can i somehow map docker aio to these directories?

Basically these dirs contain data from my install on other host that i want to remove.
So i am trying to achieve new install and “migration of the old instance”

# For x64 CPUs:
sudo docker run -it \
--name nextcloud-aio-mastercontainer \
--restart always \
-p 80:80 \
-p 8080:8080 \
-p 8443:8443 \
--volume nextcloud_aio_mastercontainer:/mnt/docker-aio-config \
--volume /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock:ro \
nextcloud/all-in-one:latest

i dont understand why there are 3x -p … i need that container to run only on port 8080,
so my reverse proxy will use lets encrypt and forward all traffic to nextcloud running 8080,
reason why 8080, because on that server other service is currently running on port 80.
the db was mariadb.

is something like that possible?

thanks

Since you’re using the AIO docker container I think you may want to read the instructions for reverse proxy on that container :slight_smile:

It’s found on GitHub: all-in-one/reverse-proxy.md at main · nextcloud/all-in-one · GitHub

1 Like