How to get rid of COOLWSD HTTP Agent?

After installation of Netcloud 27, I have found a plenty of lines in my /var/log/apache2/access.log: - - [08/Nov/2023:00:14:12 +0100] “GET /apps/richdocuments/settings/fonts.json HTTP/1.1” 404 12123 “-” “COOLWSD HTTP Agent” - - [08/Nov/2023:00:15:12 +0100] “GET /apps/richdocuments/settings/fonts.json HTTP/1.1” 404 12127 “-” “COOLWSD HTTP Agent” - - [08/Nov/2023:00:16:13 +0100] “GET /apps/richdocuments/settings/fonts.json HTTP/1.1” 404 12127 “-” “COOLWSD HTTP Agent” - - [08/Nov/2023:00:17:13 +0100] “GET /apps/richdocuments/settings/fonts.json HTTP/1.1” 404 12133 “-” “COOLWSD HTTP Agent”

COOLWSD checks fonts EVERY MINUTE. How to get rid of these callings ?

I have deactivated and removed RICHDOCUMENTS using OCC. But it did not resolve the problem.

I do not have any COOLWSD and LOOLWSD system service, so they cannot be deactived.

Does anybody knows where NextCloud stores COOLWSD HTTP Agent and how to remove/deactivate it?

This is Netxcloud 27 stable, php 8.1 and Linux Mint 21.2. I would appreciate any help.

Did you disable and remove richdocumentscode as well?
Those requests are coming from that app.

Much luck,

1 Like

Thank you for your answer! But this is not it. I have tried to disable and then removed the richdocumentscode app - it seems they were not active, since I switch off and removed the Collabora app 20 hours ago. Just to be sure I tried to disable and remove the app using occ. But it changed nothing.

Unfortunatelly there must be other app or process which tries to get fonts.json EVERY MINUTE. Any other ideas how to get rid of spamming my logs?

BTW, when I have re-installed Collabora built-in server and Nextcloud Office, I got 304 codes instead of 404 …

OK, the problem was solved.

I have re-installed COLLABORA bulti-in server and Nextcloud Office, worked for a while and then de-installed. The problem described above reappeared. See the screen in the post above.

I decided to reboot the whole system. And it worked. The callings by COOLWSD HTTP Agent disappeared. This looks like a problem with PHP 8.1.2 or a cache …


I reproduced it and this was enough to kill the proxy script from running for me:

systemctl restart apache2 php8.2-fpm

Much luck,

1 Like

Hmmm, I was so nervous I have not thought about the simplest solution. Thank you !

BTW - today I also looked at the /var/log/apache2/errors.log. It seems to be a problem connected with PHP:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.