How to edit file docx, xls, ppt, etc on Nextcloud webs

Hi. i am new to the nextcloud.

i’ve installed nextcloud on my server (LAN), when i open document xls docx ppt browser appreance blank white but .pdf its ok. can integrated collabora with nextcloud without domain (just ip local) and ssl?

Collabora can’t edit docx, xlsx, or pptx files unfortunately. OnlyOffice can though, and there is an integration for NextCloud: https://apps.nextcloud.com/apps/onlyoffice

You have to run your own OnlyOffice server though. You can also use the OnlyOffice free personal cloud server. I’m using that currently as I prefer OnlyOffice to Collabora. I’m also currently trying to see if I can connect my OnlyOffice personal cloud to my nextcloud integration. If nothing else you can connect your nextcloud server to OnlyOffice using WebDav.

EDIT: I can’t seem to find how to do it. So I put in a post on their forum here: http://dev.onlyoffice.org/viewforum.php?f=53

Will update when I know more. It seems installing a full personal OnlyOffice server would be pretty worth it though considering how much extra features it also adds.

Hi,

You can also install collabora office (hosted and trimmed down version of libreoffice):- https://nextcloud.com/collaboraonline/

Comparing to onlyoffice, it’s less resource hungry and probably less feature rich (anyway good enough for me for basic formatting). I did not use onlyoffice as it almost crash my system because I don’t have sufficiently enough memory (I am having many other applications running at the same time, including elasticsearch).

You can do self signing for ssl and use your router as intranet DNS server. Together with nginx or apache virtualhost feature, you will be fine.

I am using it on daily basis and as per my personal experience, better to do it using docker.

Alex

I already installed collabora and configure docker without domain and ssl, but not working.

Intranet dns server means create dns static on router and pointing to ip address server right or how?

I already installed collabora and configure docker without domain and ssl, but not working.

Intranet dns server means create dns static on router and pointing to ip address server right or how?

alexkcy

October 15

Hi,

You can also install collabora office (hosted and trimmed down version of libreoffice):- https://nextcloud.com/collaboraonline/

Comparing to onlyoffice, it’s less resource hungry and probably less feature rich (anyway good enough for me for basic formatting). I did not use onlyoffice as it almost crash my system because I don’t have sufficiently enough memory (I am having many other applications running at the same time, including elasticsearch).

You can do self signing for ssl and use your router as intranet DNS server. Together with nginx or apache virtualhost feature, you will be fine.

I am using it on daily basis and as per my personal experience, better to do it using docker.

Alex

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Is Collabora faster? In my experience, at least using it clientside, it seems slower. The UI feels a lot clunkeir to me, and as I mentioned in my first response it doesn’t allow you to edit xlxs like OnlyOffice does.

We’re talking about the default Collabora integration that ships with NextCloud right?

I can confirm that OnlyOffice personal cloud does not work with the NextCloud integration, as per me asking them in the forum and receiving a response from their team.

// Is Collabora faster? In my experience, at least using it clientside, it seems slower. The UI feels a lot clunkeir to me, and as I mentioned in my first response it doesn’t allow you to edit xlxs like OnlyOffice does.

Hi,

In fact, I am a new user (for 1 month). I feel like if there are many users, Collabora would slow down significantly (I guess Collabora do the computation at server side) but no obvious (or that significant) slowing down by using OnlyOffice in that situation.

Now I have switched to OnlyOffice as I don’t have a powerful server.

Alex