How to edit a file without extension (ie README)?

Hi,

I have 2 files in my nextcloud repository. One named myfile.txt, the other README.
Both are pure text files.
When I click on the first one, an editor window opens and I can modify the file.
For the README file, I can only save it on my computer (and modify it with my favorite text editor).
If I rename the README file under README.txt, then the nextcloud editor window opens.
My question : how to be able to edit (with the nextcloud editor) a file that does not have an extension.

Regards.

Xuo.

Hi,

No one can help me ??? :sob: :sob: :sob:

Regards.

xuo.

Hi @Xuo,

I fear this won’t work. With a test on my server I can confirm, that the editor doesn’t open.

On Github someone had a similar requested:

The explanation there is:

This would require a change in the main server repo as that is what determines the file type to enable the files_texteditor. I’m not sure how or if those people are monitoring these module projects.

Right now mimetypes are being managed via file extension. However, I wonder if there is the option to determine the mimetype like the linux program file does or would there be issues with performance or complexity? I’m not sure but it might be fun to look into why.

I would recommend reposting this in the server repo.

So I suggest you ask the developers:

Hi,

Thanks for the explanation. I’ll do what you suggested.

Regards.

Xuo.