How to disable HTML notification emails - plain text emails instead

HI,

how can I disable HMTL notification emails? Our security and usability policy told us only to use plain txt-mails but no html-mails. But I haven’ t found a confuguration option for that.

ttyl
Django

HI,

plaintext-emails aren’t default - hmmm what about editing these templates, how is described here: https://docs.nextcloud.com/server/13/admin_manual/configuration_server/email_configuration.html ? I cant’t find this option in admin menue!

White text on white background isn’t very helpful in eMails. m) So, how can I correct this strange email-settings?

Best regards
Django

This is a mistake in the documentation - we haven’t removed that yet.

WRT the white text on white background, that is because you set that color in the theming app…
See https://github.com/nextcloud/server/issues/7229#issuecomment-364575856

If you really have to modify the templates, see:

The emails should have a proper flat-text fall-back so clients can simply ignore the HTML…

Cheers,
Jos

Hello Jo!

This is a mistake in the documentation - we haven’t removed that yet.

O.K. so far so good, I understand! Documentation ist the first place where I search.

WRT the white text on white background, that is because you set that color in the theming app…

That’s right, I customized the WEB-GUI(!) to our company-preferences. Reusing those (color)definitions in HTML-eMails is - pardon - a very boring idea! A better way were if I could set up plain-text-emails or if I could define different colors for the HTML-pages witch are send by email.

The emails should have a proper flat-text fall-back so clients can simply ignore the HTML…

Really? I should tell my users if the have an “empty” email (white textcolor on white background) in their inbox, they should switch to text-view, 'cause I’m to stupid to send textmails or falsecolored mails? Really? I’m not sure, but my boss will kick me in my back for that! :frowning: BTW, I’m a sysadmin and not an app-developer, so normally I would search for an configoption and not for patching sourcodes or writing own apps. Nexloud has done a grait job, but sending emails are’nt your business and it were grait if the nextcloud-developer would reactivate an editor on the admin-menue or better an option do send plain-text emails as default! j2ct!

Best regards
Django

You can simply disable email notification by using the stop notification. If you have any problems related to the Forgot AOL Password then please contact our team for instant help related to AOL Email.