How to change the default landing page when you login

Nextcloud 13.01

The default landing page on Nextcloud when I login is the files page. I would like to have the ability, by user, to change the landing page to an external site I’ve setup.

Is this possible through either Nextcloud or an App?

Thank you.

I did another search and just discovered that an App called App Order may do what I need.

i’m afraid but it won’t change the landing page. it just effects the top-menu-bar…

changing it by user? i’m not sure if this would work. but you can change it by adding something to the config.php -file… like 'defaultapp' =>; 'appname'

“You can easily let Nextcloud redirect your user to the first app in their personal order …”

really? how? i never found out about it

• Install AppOrder.
  • config/config.php:
    'defaultapp' => 'apporder',

• In Personal settings/ Additional settings move the desired (default) app at first place (on top of the app list).
  • After login or click to the site icon you’ll be redirected to your standard/ default app.
6 Likes

Thanks all for your comments. Yes I’ve confirmed that App Order will do what I need.

Any other way to do so? Snap Nextcloud doesn’t allow to edit the config.php file, even as root.

Had the same problem with snap. The editable file is at /var/snap/nextcloud/current/nextcloud/config/config.php.
It’s a little late but maybe I can help others with this information. Worked for me :slight_smile:

Edit: You don’t need “apporder” for this… just type ‘defaultapp’ => ‘files’, into the confic under the main array to set files as the landing page