How to build-client for Windows Platform _?

Hi everyone , 

I tried to build my own nextcloud-win client but unfortunately coudnt do it . I have used two different platform for building the client ;

1 - Windows 10 Pro - (64 Bit )
2 - OpenSUSE Leap (42.3) (64 Bit )

Anyone can tell me how to build my own next-cloud client step by step _?

For example ; ( OpenSuse Leap )

1- install git ( zypper install git ) & git clone 

2- install docker ( zypper install docker )
3- cd /home/xxxuser/client/admin/win/docker 

4- docker 

5- change own logo , license agreement ., 
 in 
/
/ ( from source path )

. - Build the client ( to 
/ path )

I just need to step by step building-client instructions . I looked for such kind of document and video , but i couldnt find it .

Thanks ,

1 Like

There are a couple of ways to have Nextcloud in Windows 10 Pro Environment running.

One of that is Hyper-V, you have to activate it in the Windows Features and also you can activate Linux and CIFS/SMB suport. Also Windows 10 Pro has SSH suport, but you have to install also.

Docker and VMware Player is also possible, but I prefer Hyper-V because it should be pretty close to the system

In the HowTo Section you will find a couple of scripts or as the section is named Howto

Another way is, to use an ready Image, you have to bind into the VM and after booting will start a script with all necessary steps.
Have a look here 

I have bought there an Hyper-V Image, it is working so far, but Support is nearly Zero, in my opinion he wants that customers buy the Support 
 nice business idea. But at Github you will find the script and you can learn all the pathes you need to know once you have trouble.

1 Like

I think it’s about building a Nextcloud client from the sources. Not installing the server on a Windows platform

Oh, understand 

Than he will find his answers with a little research probably here 

Yes , tflidd is right . I want to build nextcloud -client for Windows .

I know this link but i couldnt be able to complete instructions , maybe i follow wrong steps . I briefly explain what i did ;

A - My Env ; OpenSuse Leap ; 42.3 (64 Bit ) 
 (All packages updated )
(https://github.com/owncloud/client/blob/master/doc/building.rst)
01 - zypper install git ( Generic Build Instructions )
02 - git clone git://github.com/owncloud/client.git && cd client && git submodule init && git submodule update
(git submodule init ;
Submodule ‘binary’ (git://github.com/owncloud/owncloud-client-binary.git) registered for path 'binary’
Submodule ‘src/3rdparty/libcrashreporter-qt’ (git://github.com/guruz/libcrashreporter-qt.git) registered for path 'src/3rdparty/libcrashreporter-qt’
Submodule ‘src/3rdparty/qtmacgoodies’ (https://github.com/guruz/qtmacgoodies.git) registered for path ‘src/3rdparty/qtmacgoodies’ )

(git submodule update ;
Cloning into ‘/home/suse/client/binary’

Cloning into ‘/home/suse/client/src/3rdparty/libcrashreporter-qt’

Cloning into ‘/home/suse/client/src/3rdparty/qtmacgoodies’

Submodule path ‘binary’: checked out '3425fab2c66118ffae3e3b16751e636ca71ee450’
Submodule path ‘src/3rdparty/libcrashreporter-qt’: checked out '7170fe4a8c535e00e1b4a120d7208fd685612e0f’
Submodule path ‘src/3rdparty/qtmacgoodies’: checked out ‘4ffbff5d5fca7332f6390ddc2fe74cd29e8675f8’)

03 - mkdir client-build && cd client-build

04 - ??? ( I dont know what should i write after , my user name i suse ,
my client path ; /home/suse/client/ )

Could you please tell me how should i continue _?

( After this point i tried installing docker and followed Windows Installer Build (Cross-Compile) steps , but in docker run -v “$PWD:/home/user/client” owncloud-client-win32:
/home/user/client/admin/win/docker/build.sh client/ $(id -u) step i failed , )

I need your step by step instructions , Thanks for your replies 

1 Like

i have this problem too, any instructions ? :cry:

Any Luck Mr TP, i need your help too, show me the step by step pls. contact me ASAP!