Help with mariadb

Can someone please help? I have searched and searched I am sure I am missing something!

Start from the beginning I had this setup and working on my Ubuntu 22.04 headless server using mysql.

I was installing another program that wanted mariadb installed so I installed that. Because the ‘new’ version the install wanted to move the mysql directories I assume so they can still run side by side a but like the php versions.

This caused my nextcloud to break and issue internal server error so…

I dumped my database (didn’t check)
removed mysql
Imported my backup and no nextcloud database…

So I figured I would just start again!

Purged mysql just to make sure
Purged Mariadb

Added a can_install file and deleted config.php

I installed mariadb and created database and user.

Open a webpage and put in the details to be told that there is already data for that username.

I moved the data folder to username2 and then ran the installer page again to be told username and password wrong.

MySQL username and/or password not valid You need to enter details of an existing account.

I’ve removed the databases, users re-added privileges granted checked the passwords and still the same.

It has now frustrated me to ask for help

hello @Jinxzy welcome to the forum :handshake:

you are missing the required support template. Please fill this form out and edit into your post.

This will give us the technical info and logs needed to help you in case the machine in question in spitting out errors! Since you’ve provided zero technical details it is impossible to help you as-is. Thanks.

Please use the search - lot of issue have been discussed already