Help with 18.04 LTS and Nextcloud 14

Sorry, posted in the wrong section. Please delete.

Nextcloud version : 14.0.1
Operating system and version : Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
Apache or nginx version : not yet
PHP version not yet

I am trying to install NC 14 on Ubuntu 18.04. I had everything working on 16.04 with NC 13 but had a hardware failure, so I thought I would upgrade. I see some differences on installation on 18.04 and I can't seem to get any of it to work. Yes, I am a noob on Linux. I'm confused on getting 18.04 setup for the install of NC. The commands to install PHP, Apache, etc on 16.04  don't work on 18.04. I see there are snap packages that help with installation. Is there a way to change the default data directory when installing a snap package? What has to be done to 18.04 before you can install the snap package? It states that all files are in the snap package, does this mean to install 18.04 and just run the package? I can't seem to find a step-by-step installation procedure for NC 14 on 18.04. I would like to have one like they have on the documentation for 16.04 installation. I have never installed/used nginx before so I'm not familiar with it. I could always go back to 16.04 but I would never be able to update. I would appreciate any help on this.