Help setting up Nextcloud

how can i set up and get these running good i am useing hosting services from http://www.interserver.net the dome i am useing is splashbox.me

• PHP does not seem to be setup properly to query system environment variables. The test with getenv(“PATH”) only returns an empty response.

• The “Strict-Transport-Security” HTTP header is not set to at least “15552000” seconds. For enhanced security, it is recommended to enable HSTS as described in the

I would not recommend installing nextcloud on a hosting server, if you don’t get support from the hoster. It might work in some cases, but you will always run into such issues. I run nextcloud on a self administered root server. That way I can configure all PHP and other settings to my needs.

I have to agree with @eehmke and say a hosting service isn’t ideal. You simply don’t have the control you need to manage your Nextcloud instance.

I’m running my own server at home, since my ISP allows private (non-commercial) servers. You might be better off getting a Raspberry Pi as a server and using Let’s Encrypt for encryption.

Sorry we don’t have better news!

1 Like