Help - I'm having certificate issues with the web interface

Hi All,

I have a problem with accessing the web interface - out of the blue.
It says the certificate had expired.
While using firefox browser I get an error containing these parts:

“It’s likely the website’s certificate is expired, which prevents Firefox from connecting securely.”

and also:
“Websites prove their identity via certificates, which are valid for a set time period. The certificate for [my domain linked to nextcloud] expired on 26/01/2022.”

I checked with the domain provider, and it is not a problem on that end.
How can I solve this?

The desktop app works perfectly fine

Thanks

Can you test another browser?
Can you post the name of your server (certificate) and/or the certificate hierarchy e.g. the CA.

Sorry, forgot to mention this problem occurs in all browsers…
The error message in firefox was the most informative, so that’s why I focused on it
The certificate, or server is:
cloud.appliedgenomics.net

Thanks

Sorry i can not access your server.

I know only specified users can view the content…
But the problem is that we can’t even get to the nextcloud platform because of the certificate issue

Hi taltalina, and welcome to the forum.

I checked with the domain provider, and it is not a problem on that end.

It’s a server-side problem; as the error message says:

[…] the website’s certificate is expired

“How can I solve this?”

Apologies for stating the obvious, but “get a new certificate”.

Exactly how you do this depends on the details of your Nextcloud installation. In my case, I use certbot on the server to generate a new Let’s Encrypt certificate, then reload Apache to apply the updated configuration.

But for you it may be different e.g. generating a .csr (Certificate Signing Request) on the server…then uploading it to a company like Entrust…then downloading the certificate (or certificate bundle) they provide…then installing it (or probably “them”) on the server. (Note that different web servers can have different requirements about how you present certificates e.g. nginx wants the whole certificate chain concatenated together into a single file).

Does that make sense? I hope it’s helpful, and I hope you’re able to get the problem sorted.