Groupfolders problems after app update on nc 14.0.3

I want to report a problem:
I’m running Nextcloud with version 14.0.3 and I just had an update of the Groupfolders app. After the update the cloud didn’t work anymore and I had an “Internal Server Error”.
I couldn’t do anything about the shell via occ because I got an error in the “web version”. Only the deletion of the “groupfolder” folder in nextcloud/apps and a restart made the cloud run again.
Tonight I will update the nc to 14.0.4 and hope that the groupfolders will run again. I will continue to report.

I have just heard that there is already a bug report available at github.
Here is the link to the thread at github.

I see the same as described above under Nextcloud 14.0.4 after the update to Groupfolder App v2.0
OCC returns:
“PHP Fatal error: Interface ‘OCA\Files_Versions\Versions\IVersionBackend’ not found in /var/www/nextcloud/apps/groupfolders/lib/Versions/VersionsBackend.php on line 37”

Similar behavior under Nextcloud v15.0.0. Here OCC works, but group-directories are not synced/available to the desktop clients.

Yes, it’s a bug in the Groupfolders app so pretty much unrelated to the NC version. To solve the issue, disable groupfolders for now or (after careful consideration and backups) downgrade the groupfolders app the the version before 2.0 (only works if you didn’t upgrade to NC15 yet).

For reference, here are all the issues which were caused by groupfolders 2.0 update:

news on groupfolders --> Groupfolders 2.0.0 breaks NC 14 and NC 15

1 Like