Groupfolders 3.0.0 & 3.0.1 break NC 14/15

php

After an update to groupfolder 3.0.0 occ seems to get broken completely by this app version i.e. including the maintenance command. See the 3.0.0 upgrade breaks occ #395 bug report.

You may try this workaround at your own risk and after your own careful consideration as admin:

1. disable the app Group Folder in the app view of the GUI as admin
  2. change to the command line of the NC server and follow the below procedure.
cd ~/my-nextcloud

sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --on

sudo ls -la /var/www/nextcloud

sudo mv /var/www/nextcloud/apps/groupfolders /var/www/nextcloud/apps/groupfolders_3-0-0.backup

wget -q https://github.com/nextcloud/groupfolders/releases/download/v2.0.4/groupfolders-2.0.4.tar.gz -P .

sudo -u www-data tar -zxf groupfolders-2.0.4.tar.gz -C /var/www/nextcloud/apps

sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ app:enable groupfolders

sudo -u www-data php /var/www/nextcloud/occ maintenance:mode --off

This procedure downgrades to groupfolders 2.0.4 and should allow continuity to the NC environment.

One may recall former troubles like Groupfolders 2.0.0 breaks NC 14 and NC 15.

In my case the app is working without any problems.
I’m using PHP 7.2, NC 15.0.7 and Group Folders 3.0.0

Which apps dou you have installed?

occ apps:list

Maybe antoher app ist disturbing the Group Folder app?

Please have a look at the bug report and there seem to be issues in an environment very similar to yours.

Same for me. Need to run a files:scan, but I am unable to do so - due to the exact same error.

NC 15.0.7, PHP 7.2, Ubuntu 18.04, Groupfolders 3.0.0

Originally posted by @IntelligentesTierMaulApollo13 in https://github.com/nextcloud/groupfolders/issues/395#issuecomment-486551479

@IntelligentesTierMaulApollo13 made a correction:

Same for me. Need to run a files:scan, but I am unable to do so - due to the exact same error.

NC 15.0.7, PHP 7.2 7.0, Ubuntu 18.04, Groupfolders 3.0.0~~
(As it turned out the PHP version used on our server was 7.0 (and not 7.2 as stated before)

This seems to be a PHP 7.0 compatibility issue. See the #395 comment by @nuvitong.

@juliushaertl : Hopefully groupfolder 3.0.0 gets fixed and will be continued for running with PHP 7.0 in NC 15 for Debian 9 environments.

See both An unhandled exception has been thrown #396 and Evaluate dropping php7.0 support #12021 for an assessment.

Apparently the more current version 3.0.2 should fix the issue.

Beware of 3.0.1 upgrade breaks NextCloud 15 #417.

Thanks to @icewind1991 for the efforts.