Going round in circles.....please help

Hello all,

This is my first post as I spent several hours last night trying to get this working.

I have managed to setup NextCloud on my Synology NAS and can access it from within the home network, however I can’t access it from outside.

I have NO-IP DDNS setup for port forwarding in relation to PLEX, but I’m not having much luck doing the same for NextCloud.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? My knowledge of this sort of thing is limited and I feel like I’m going round in circles.

I have attached screenshots of my BT Router “Port Forwarding” page and my NO-IP ddns page.
Many thanks.

Is your Nextcloud actually running on port 3307? And it should be TCP only.

You’ll need it on port 80 and 443 if you want to use certbot.

You have more trusted domains than you probably need. You only need the name you’ll use to access it, and optionally the LAN IP. This is unrelated to your port forwarding issue.

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I have double checked and MariaDB 10 is running on port 3307.

I have changed the port forwarding rule to TCP as you recommended.

As for Certbot, I don’t think I’m that far along yet. Will that impact me attempting to remotely access at this point? This is all completely new to me.

The only reason I added those trusted domains was because I didn’t know which one would work remotely. Once I get it working, I’ll remove them one by one to limit them.

Many thanks.

But you aren’t intended to open your database engine to the internet. You want to open ports to the web server (Apache/nginx). You should close this port immediately.

No, not really. You’ll get certificate warnings in the browser and miss out on an important facet of HTTPS security, but it should still work.

The short answer there is the one that works is the one you set up for it. Whichever one you set up a DNS A or CNAME record (whether static or via DDNS) to point back to your system.