Get rid of skeleton examples and missing files warning

Nextcloud 24.0.3
Ubuntu 22.04
Apache 2.4.54
PHP 7.4

The issue you are facing:
sudden warning message in overview

Some files have not passed the integrity check.

Is this the first time you’ve seen this error? yes

Steps to replicate it:

1. visit overview page
  2. upgrade of app Maps yesterday
  3. message:

There are some errors regarding your setup.

Some files have not passed the integrity check. Further information on how to resolve this issue can be found in the documentation :arrow_upper_right:. (List of invalid files… / Rescan…)

in the list:

Results
=======
- core
	- FILE_MISSING
		- core/skeleton/Documents/Example.md

The output of your Nextcloud log in Admin > Logging:

nothing about this issue

The output of your config.php file in /path/to/nextcloud (make sure you remove any identifiable information!):
i’ve tried to add these to lines AFTER the problem occurred

'skeletondirectory' => '',
  'templatedirectory' => '',

I’ve deleted the default files after the unzip cause nobody needs them
HOW TO GET RID OF THIS WARNING?
HOW COME THIS MESSAGE ONLY APPEARS 1 WEEK AFTER INSTALL?

thanks a lots for your replies

Do you come across any solution in the meantime?

We’re running Nextcloud version 27.1.4 and want to get rid of this warning aswell.

As a workaround I thought about creating empty files with the same names as the default ones and customize the expected hash value, but thats not exactly ideal.

i guess we shall not delete the file. Just direct to a different skeleton directory through config file.
Since 2022, we moved to NC All in One
less work, and much more stability…
Good luck to you

Yes, if the integrity of this folder is checked, then it must already be there. 36 MB of about 600 MB concern the core/skeletion folder. As beautiful as the images, templates and texts are. In the end, it is still 5% of the total installation, which some administrators do not really need.

• 3dparty/aws with 27 MB do not really use every user
  • apps/text with 66 MB is not really small but a needed app

Maybe I am the one who fails to understand this correctly, but it seems we are/were not the only ones facing this problem.

Have a look on GitHub into the issues 39314, 6514, 1398 and 1249.

I am not complety sure what to do now. Should I add a comment on all these or just one and linking to the others?

I haven’t checked (yet) if a change of the source path while keeping the files will help like mentioned in this post, but if so I would call that a workaround rather than a solution.

1 Like

Yes. You can set another directory in config/config.php:
'skeletondirectory' => '/path/to/nextcloud/core/skeleton',

Do not change anything in /path/to/nextcloud/core or /path/to/nextcloud/core/skeleton. You should also never change anything in /usr/bin, /usr/share etc.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.